Cheniere’s QMRV program aims to verify and more accurately measure our supply chain GHG emissions. This will help to inform our climate strategies and mitigation programs, as well as those of our supply chain partners and other stakeholders.
Our QMRV program develops and employs multi-scale, multi-technology measurement methodologies including ground, drone, aerial and satellite, along with robust assessments of operational and maintenance practices, to develop dynamic, measurement-informed inventories of facilities.
Key benefits and uses of QMRV
• Enhances accuracy from measurement of actual emissions.
• Enables a field-tested assessment of the efficacy of the different measurement technologies.
• Helps identify leaks and abnormal emissions.
• Improves our LCA model and CE Tags.
• Provides data that supports the development of strategic mitigation efforts.
How we are improving QMRV across our supply chain
• Use of measurement protocols tailored to each phase of the supply chain.
• Application of a range of measurement technologies to support direct, facility-level measurement and monitoring of methane emissions, including drones, aerial overflights, satellites and on-the-ground optical gas imaging and high-flow sampling.
• Gaining input from world-class academics from the University of Texas, the Colorado School of Mines and other institutions, including guidance on measurement technologies and independent verification of measurement results.
• Sharing feedback and results with program participants and publication of results.