In 2020, our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, contractors and communities was put to the test — and we proved we were built for the challenge.
Built to protect
colleagues and communities
2020 report: health and safety section
Occupational health and safety
We articulate our expectations regarding safe behaviors, provide site-specific training to develop safety competencies and encourage employees to contribute actively to a culture that fosters safety and well-being.
We manage process safety across the lifecycle of our facilities to understand what, where and when something could go wrong and to help us avoid events before they occur.
We actively plan for a wide range of potential incidents that could disrupt business continuity or pose a threat to our employees, contractors, host communities and the environment.
2020 health and safety highlights
The COVID-19 pandemic and two destructive hurricanes threatened the well-being of our people and our neighbors. In the face of these challenges, the health and safety of our workforce, business partners and communities were our highest priority. We reported zero workplace COVID-19 transmissions and zero employee recordable incidents or lost-time injuries in 2020, delivering a strong safety performance in a uniquely challenging year.
- Created an executive-level Crisis Advisory Team to lead our response to COVID-19 and an unusually active hurricane season.
- Implemented comprehensive COVID-19 protocols to keep our people safe while maintaining essential operations.
- Enhanced our safety performance monitoring and reporting by expanding the application of leading indicators, including process safety events and high potential incidents.
- Exceeded our annual safety performance targets and adopted more aggressive targets for 2021.
- Reduced combined employee and contractor Total Reportable Incident Rate (TRIR) and Lost Time Incident Rate (LTIR) by approximately 65% over the past five years.
2020 health and safety highlights: by the numbers