As we address the unprecedented challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, we rely on the collective strength of our people.
Protecting our people
In the face of COVID-19, protecting the safety and well-being of every individual at Cheniere is of the utmost importance. Cheniere responded swiftly to this crisis, implementing measures to support our employees, contractors and communities while maintaining safe and reliable operations. Looking forward, we continue to focus on continued support and on the lessons that will enable us to remain resilient in the face of future crises.
Actions we’ve taken
Protecting the health and safety of our team and our operations is the center of every action taken in our response. From the onset of COVID-19, we took the following swift and prudent actions:
- Established temporary housing and added protective measures at both LNG facilities for the workforce.
- Required social distancing and implemented work-from-home protocols.
- Hired a medical advisor to consult on best practices and guide employees.
- Implemented a pandemic personal risk assessment policy.
- Provided regular updates to staff through HENRY.
- Administered temperature checks at both facilities.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting practices at all offices and sites.
- Paid sick leave, short-term disability and family medical leave.
- Implemented a case management process at all locations.
- Provided PPE including hand sanitizer, cleaning supplies and travel kits.
Supporting our communities
In response to the unprecedented impact caused by COVID-19 around the globe, Cheniere donated more than $1,000,000 to organizations in Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Washington D.C., the United Kingdom and China. These donations help reduce food insecurity and supply provisions and equipment for first responders and frontline healthcare workers. As part of the donation and partnership with the City of Houston, Project C.U.R.E. and the Astros Foundation, Cheniere sponsored a “no-touch” medical supply drive in Houston, and a $50,000 public matching donation campaign benefiting Project C.U.R.E.
Working closely with our medical advisor, our leadership team monitors and follows guidance from the CDC and takes action that protects the workforce and stability of our operations. Understanding it will take time to flatten the curve and stop the spread of the coronavirus, we’re focusing on local communities, enhanced safety measures and being nimble in our response. The lessons learned will help us to remain resilient in the face of future crises.