Health & Safety
Cheniere is committed to conducting business in a way that protects the safety and well-being of all personnel, customers, and others on-site or affected by our operations.
A portion of executives' annual cash incentives are tied to quantifiable safety goals, in terms of total recordable incident rate (TRIR) and lost time incident rate (LTIR). Additionally, a portion is tied to compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as a commitment to safety, construction management, and operational effectiveness.
In furtherance of our core values, Cheniere has adopted the following policies and procedures related to health and safety:
- Generative safety culture where no job is so important that it cannot be done safely
- Performance measurement to drive continual improvement towards eliminating injuries and ill-health
- Proactive identification and management of risk
- Compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Conformance with industry standards
- Proactive committed leadership and individual accountability for health and safety
- Employee engagement
- Training and competence in safe work practices and procedures
- Assurance assessments and reviews
- Investigation of health and safety incidents and the implementation of lessons learned
- Integration of health and safety into all aspects of the business